- PASeq Web
- Scope of application, modifications
- Purpose of the PASeq Web, modifications, access
- User obligations, registration
- Content, disclaimer
- Copyright, use of content
- Technical errors and malfunctions, availability
- Data protection
1. PASeq WebsiteThe Polymorphism Analysis by Sequencing Website (http://www.paseq.org) (PASeq Web) aims to provide an on-line data analysis tool for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies of viral genomic information.
PASeq Web is owned by Fundació Privada Institut de Recerca de la Sida-Caixa (IrsiCaixa) a non-profit research organization devoted to research on Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and related diseases.
The PASeq Team created and developed the PASeq Web from research efforts within IrsiCaixa with the sole intention of transferring research results to the general public. The PASeq Team maintains and services PASeq Web.
2. Scope of application, modifications
- Access to, and use of, any part of the PASeq Web, any document, material or other information, including text, images, sound and software (“Information”) made available on the PASeq Web and any of the services provided via the PASeq Web (“Services”) are governed by these terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”). Any access to, or use of, the PASeq Web constitute an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the user.
- IrsiCaixa and the PASeq team reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting amended Terms and Conditions on the PASeq Web. Such amendments take effect on the date on which they are posted. Continued use of the PASeq Web or its services constitutes acceptance of the changes concerned.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is for any reason held to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such unenforceability does not affect any other provision; the Terms and Conditions are then to be construed as if they had never contained the provision(s) in question and are to be interpreted, in so far as possible, in such a way as to maintain their original intent.
3. Purpose of the PASeq Web, modifications, access
- The general purpose of the PASeq Web is to the provide a software tool for the analysis of viral genotypes obtained used Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- IrsiCaixa reserves the right to modify, limit or discontinue in full or in part and without prior notice the Services and Information available on the PASeq Web at any time, to restrict access to the PASeq Web and to deny, without notice and at its sole discretion, any user's access to the PASeq Web or any part thereof.
4. User obligations, registration
- Users of the PASeq Web shall comply with all the applicable laws and regulations, and, in particular, those laws and regulations relating to the confidentiality of patient information (e.g. the United States Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the Australian Privacy Act 1988, New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code (1994)). By using the PASeq Web, users affirm that they are in compliance with the aforesaid laws and regulations.
- Users of the PASeq Web must refrain from violating or attempting to violate PASeq’s Web network security, and, in particular, from uploading or attaching viruscontaining or corrupted files or any software or programs that might damage the operation of the PASeq Web or another user's computer. Users must furthermore refrain from restricting, or attempting to restrict in any way access to or use of the PASeq Web by other users (e.g. by generating, whether manually or in an automated fashion, unusually high numbers of service accesses).
- Some of the Services available on the PASeq Web may require prior registration. Users must provide correct and complete information when registering, and update it if necessary. They must not misuse any access authorization granted to them (e.g. by transferring data to unauthorized third persons). By registering, users agree to being contacted by the PASeq Web by e-mail.
- Registered users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account and password to prevent unauthorized access to that account. Users must take all necessary steps to keep their password secure and must inform PASeq Team without delay at email@example.com or could be used without authorization.
- In the event of any violation of the above user obligations, PASeq Team is entitled to revoke the user's access rights without prior notice.
5. Content, disclaimer
- Unless otherwise stated, the Information is of a general nature only and not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular case, individual or entity. PASeq Web cannot guarantee that the Information is always comprehensive, complete, accurate and uptodate. Consequently, the PASeq Web accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from reliance on the Information.
- IrsiCaixa does not make any representation or issue any guarantee, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability, suitability or content of information or services hyperlinked from the PASeq Web. Reference on the PASeq Web to thirdparty events, statements, services or products (e.g. pop-up advertisements) does not constitute an endorsement or support by IrsiCaixa for such events, statements, services or products, which remain the sole responsibility of the third party concerned.
6. Copyright, use of content
- All Information is protected by copyright and is owned or controlled by IrsiCaixa or the party credited as its provider or author. IrsiCaixa reserves all rights to the extent possible under copyright law.
- Users may use, reproduce and distribute the Information obtained from the PASeq Web subject to the following conditions:
- The PASeq Web must be cited as its source when such Information is reproduced or distributed.
- The Information shall be used only for research or academic purposes.
- The right to use does the Information does not allow the user to copy all or a substantial part of the data, data structure or software of the IrsiCaixa databases made available through the PASeq Web; in particular, it does not allow any use of data mining, robots, or similar datagathering and extraction tools.
- Any commercial use of the Information by a user shall require the conclusion of a separate License Agreement with IrsiCaixa.
- No other use of the Information is permitted without prior written authorization of IrsiCaixa.
7. Technical errors and malfunctions, availability
- PASeq Web aims at minimizing technical errors and malfunctions. However, some data or other parts of the Information may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not errorfree. PASeq Team cannot guarantee that the underlying files and the formats used are errorfree.
- PASeq Web cannot guarantee that the website and the Services will always be available. Access to the PASeq Web and its Services may occasionally be suspended, restricted or impeded to permit repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new services or facilities.
- PASeq accepts no responsibility relating to such problems including, but not limited to, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure and alteration of content resulting from the use of the PASeq Web or any linked external sites.
For site security purposes, PASeq Web will use software programs to monitor the website traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload data or otherwise cause damage.
- PASeq Web shall not be liable and accepts no representation or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the Information or the Services provided via the PASeq Web.
- Any soft10. ware made available for download from the PASeq Web is supplied "as is" without further warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose. PASeq Web shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages arising out of the use or the inability to use such software.
- PASeq Web shall not be liable and accepts no representation or responsibility for the functionality or contents of external websites, services or software products hyperlinked from the PASeq Web. The use of such websites, services or software products is at the sole risk of the user.
- These provisions are not intended to limit the PASeq Web's liability in breach of any national law applicable or to exclude its liability for matters which cannot be excluded under such law.
10. Data protection
- When the PASeq Web is accessed, certain information about users, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the site, software used and time spent, may be stored by the PASeq Web. This information may be used for website traffic analysis only, and not to identify users. No attempt will be made to monitor systematically individual users of IP addresses, or the actions that they perform.
- Personal data may not be recorded or saved without the user's express consent. By completing any data collection form on the PASeq Web, the user expressly agrees to the storage and processing of the data entered. All personal data provided by the user (e.g. names, addresses, credit card details, account information) will be treated as confidential, stored and processed only for the purpose for which it was collected, and made available only to the unit responsible for dealing with it. In particular, personal data will not be passed on to third parties or published or made available for general access without the user's express authorization or unless necessary to comply with a request by or for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract with that user, or unless IrsiCaixa is obliged to disclose said data by law.
- Sequencing sample data and associated metadata uploaded by the user for analysis purposes by PASeq Web and data derived from the PASeq Web analysis may be collected and stored by the PASeq Team for internal quality control purposes and improving the general functioning of the website. PASeq Web reserves the right to use this data to conduct several meta-analyses including, but not limited to, usage statistics, epidemiological analysis and drug resistance surveillance, through any data analysis techniques.
Last updated: 30.01.2017